Teeth are like sponges; they have pores that can absorb the colors of foods and beverages. The factors that increase the chances of teeth staining are wines, coffees, berries, and even smoking. As people eat or drink these foods, the stains will accumulate and change the color of the teeth in the long run. Although proper dental hygiene and care are essential in keeping the teeth clean, stain buildups cannot be removed by merely brushing the teeth.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures performed by dentist due to its high demand. Nowadays the appearance of a person plays a large part in their relationships and even success. The procedure is simple yet effective in providing a pleasing appearance that most patients prefer to have. Many over the counter products can now be purchased in drugstores and online stores, but dentists do not recommend them. These products may work in whitening the teeth, but the results will come out as uneven, and it can even irritate the gums.
At Trumbull Premier Dental, we offer Professional Teeth Whitening for our patients to achieve brighter, more beautiful, and healthier smile they can enjoy! We use Zoom and KoR Teeth Whitening brands to ensure the effectivity of the procedure for each of our patients.
Tips for the Maintenance of a Bright Smile
- Immediately after a whitening procedure, the teeth are more susceptible to stains since the pores are slightly more open. Avoid the intake of any staining foods for the first 24 hours to prevent restaining and for the effects of whitening to last longer.
- Clean the whole mouth properly by practicing proper dental hygiene and care. That includes the teeth and the other oral structures to ensure the removal of stains and bacterias that might accumulate on the teeth.
- Avoid the excessive intake of foods and beverages that have bright and strong colors to help in maintaining the whitening effects of the procedure.
- Brush or rinse the teeth immediately after the intake of staining foods and beverages to prevent it from staying in the mouth for a long time.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that have a crunchy texture like apples, carrots, celeries, and more. They can act as a natural scrub for the teeth that helps in removing food particles that are stuck in between teeth that can promote acid attacks that can damage and discolor the teeth.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleaning every six months to maintain good overall dental health. Developing dental complications can be prevented by checkups and stain buildups can be removed by cleaning to keep the teeth bright and healthy.
Teeth whitening allows patients to achieve that bright smile they have always wanted boosting their confidence and overall wellness!
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with Trumbull Premier Dental and check out our services under Teeth Whitening in Trumbull, CT. We are located at 4161 Madison Avenue, Trumbull, CT 06611.